My 3 year old is the pickiest of eaters. All he wants to eat are “macky cheese”, “chickie nuggets” or a “grill cheese sammich”. When I prepared these easy chicken fajitas last night for Taco Tuesday, he LOVED them! The picky eater ate two in fact, much to my delight.
Picky Eaters’ Easy Chicken Fajitas
I used butter-flavored spray, lime, sweet onions and bell peppers to make the fajitas taste more kid-friendly. There is mild spice on the Archer farms pre-cooked fajita chicken from Target, but they also sell chicken without spice.
This meal took me 15 minutes, which was perfect because I work full time and don’t have much time to cook a healthy dinner.
I ate my fajitas without tortillas for a keto-friendly meal option. You could use cloud bread instead of tortillas for a low carb option I have lost 55 lbs. now by doing keto and you can read more about it in my keto journey.
As a thank you for checking out my fajita recipe, get $10 off the Recipe Binder by using this special link.
This will bring it down to only $7! Use code RECIPESALE if necessary.
A Quick and Easy Meal
If you are tired after working all day, then I highly recommend you try these kid-friendly easy chicken fajitas. It is much healthier and costs less than eating fast food like at McDonalds or KFC.
The recipe calls for pre-cooked chicken strips to save time, but you could try cooking your own if you’d like. There are also frozen chicken breast strips available at your nearest grocery store if you don’t plan to use an entire container of chicken.
What Do I Do With the Easy Chicken Fajitas Leftovers?
For the leftovers, we make chicken quesadillas the following night in order to save more money.
Easy Chicken Fajitas Garnishes
There are several garnishes you can put on the fajitas like sour cream, cheese, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and more. It depends on whatever your child may like. Bryan doesn’t like tomatoes and the other stuff so I just served his with cheese. He likes A LOT of cheese!
How to Make Easy Chicken Fajitas
This chicken fajita recipe is super easy! The chicken is so juicy and bursting with flavor while the peppers and onions are tender and crisp. These easy chicken fajitas can be on the table in front of your family in 15 minutes, including the prep!
- Cut veggies
- Add in the pre-cooked chicken
- Cook veggies with butter-flavored spray in a pan, add chicken. (You can make fajitas on the grill if you prefer).
- Fill your tortilla shells or cloud bread with your favorite garnishes!
I use sweet yellow onions in my fajitas to make them more kid-friendly. You can use whatever kind of onions you would like.
Easy Chicken Fajitas for the Pickiest of Eaters
- frying pan
- 1 half lime wedge
- 1 bag Archer Farms Precooked Fajita Chicken Strips
- 1 bag Kraft Mexican Cheese for garnish
- 1 container salsa for garnish
- 5 sprays cooking oil spray butter flavor
- 1 tbsp sour cream for garnish
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1 container Wholly Guacamole for garnish
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Kraft Mexican Cheese for garnish
- 1 green, red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat
- Spray skillet with butter flavored cooking spray
- Cut onion into strips and toss into skillet
- Core pepper
- Cut pepper into strips and toss into skillet
- Spray vegetables with butter flavored cooking spray
- Stir peppers and onions until browned (3-5 minutes)
- Add in fresh ground pepper
- Add in the pre-cooked fajita chicken
- Squeeze lime over chicken and vegetables
- Stir fajitas until the chicken is heated (3-5 minutes)
- Serve with the garnishes (sour cream, cheese, salsa, guac, etc) in flour or corn tortillas
These easy chicken fajitas will turn out so yummy and your kids will love them.
Are Fajitas a Healthy Option?
Yes, I think they are very healthy as long as you don’t double up on tortillas or pile on the cheese.
You could use low fat cheese or Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. There are so many low fat and low calorie options with these.
Right now, I am doing the keto diet, so I eat the fajitas with cloud bread instead of tortillas. They also taste good with no wrap at all!
They are If you have any questions at all then leave a comment and I will get back with you.
Are your recipes scattered all over the kitchen or in a cluttered mess?
Wouldn’t it be better if your recipes were all in one place so you can easily find them?
That’s where this adorable Recipe Binder comes in. There are so many features such as divider pages, meal plans, shopping lists and recipe cards.
You can at last get all of your recipes organized with ease.
The Recipe Binder includes:
- 6 divider pages
- Grocery shopping list
- Recipe card with and without place for a picture
- Weekly meal planning chart with ingredients for each day
- Weekly meal planning chart with to do list and goals
As a thank you for checking out my fajita recipe, get $10 off the Recipe Binder by using this special link to bring it down to only $7. Use code RECIPESALE if necessary.
- How to Save Money on Groceries: 4 Frugaltastic Tips
- My Keto Journey: How I lost 50 lbs and Kept It Off
Pin to Pinterest:
Please pin to Pinterest so other moms can make these easy chicken fajitas too.